Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Question of The Day

   Would you rather become a saint and have no one know you, or just go to church every now and then, yet be very popular?

   To many it seems that the latter is more important to them. Whether it be because they like being popular, find being very holy is hard, or even they just don't believe or care enough to believe in God enough to make a difference could be any of those reasons and all of them at once. It's hard now in days to be fully faithful in your religion, especially when there are so many things to distract us and cause us to sin, yet they seem like ordinary fun things everybody does everyday. 

   Jesus says "I am the one, The Truth and the the Light, for no one shall go to my Father, but through me." Later in the bible He's heard to say "Fear not, O Jacob my servant, declares the Lord, for I am with you. I will make a full end of all the nations to which I have driven you, but of you I will not make a full end. I will discipline you with just measure, and I will by no means leave you unpunished." God never said getting to Heaven would be easy. We must be patient, obedient  and follow the Lord. Follow his rules (Ten Commandments), pray, go to church, and do what it takes for you to become closer to God. So you can have that personal relationship with Him.

   Because in the end, does it really matter if you're popular on Earth, when you could be 10 times more popular in Heaven for having become a Saint?

No comments:

Post a Comment